At Cavalier Senior Living, our top priority remains the health and safety of our residents and care staff. We also want to be completely transparent about the steps we’re taking so residents and families know what to expect. Here, we’re sharing all the steps we’re taking to ensure resident safety throughout the pandemic.
Administering the Vaccine
We are actively vaccinating our residents and care staff against COVID-19! All residents and care staff have an opportunity to receive the COVID-19 vaccine within their community. No lines, no fees, and most importantly, no unnecessary exposure during the vaccination process!
Covid-19 testing – Who & When
Testing requirements apply to new move-ins within 72 hours prior move-in date. Any new resident, not fully vaccinated, is required to shelter in their apartment for the first seven days of residency. Residents who show any symptoms or warning signs of COVID-19 are required to have a Covid test. New care staff is required to test before their start date. Current staff members exhibiting symptoms and or those who have potentially been exposed are required to test.
What we’re doing for our residents
- Fully vaccinated residents can gather with other fully vaccinated residents without mask or physical distancing. This includes communal dining and other group activities.
- Allowing socially distanced porch visits and 1:1 visitation for communities in low and moderate risk counties. Communities located in high/very high risk categories are still allowed to participate in outdoor visits. We understand the importance of socialization! Separation doesn’t have to equal isolation!
What we’re doing inside our communities
- Frequent disinfecting of commonly touched environmental surfaces to decrease environmental contamination
- Consistent and proper use of face masks and other PPE
- Providing proper PPE in the event of a positive COVID-19 case
- Care staff complete the screening questionnaire and have temperature taken prior to each shift
- Strict adherence to CDC hand washing and hand sanitizer guidelines